Warm spinach mascarpone dip
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350-degree oven. In a large saute pan over medium heat, cook onion with olive oil until trans¬lucent. Add frozen spinach, and heat until spinach is hot but still green. Add mascarpone, salt, pepper, cayenne and Parmesan cheese, and stir. Pour mixture into a small casserole or bak¬ing dish.
Bake 30 minutes until bubbling around the edges. Serve warm with pita chips or a sliced baguette.
Note: For a quick pizza topped with bacon, spread this dip on flatbread. It also can be used as the sauce added to cooked arborio rice for the perfect Ital¬ian risotto. Or, stuff a chicken breast with the leftover dip and bake in the oven until the meat is cooked.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (904 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Secretly Healthy Spinach Dip aka... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts 4.6/5 (128 Votes)