Baked Apples With Cranberries, Raisins, And Apricots
- 4 large Golden Delicious apples
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice divided
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter - (1/2 stick) melted
- 2 cups sparkling apple-cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup frozen concentrated cranberry
- juice cocktail thawed
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove stems from apples. Using melon baller, scoop out core of each apple, making 1-inch-wide hollow center but leaving bottom of apple intact. Make 1/8-inch-deep cut in skin around center of each apple. Arrange apples, hollowed-side up, in 8- by 8- by 2-inch glass baking dish.
Mix raisins, cranberries, sugar, apricots, and 1/2 teaspoon allspice in small bowl. Pack fruit mixture into hollows of apples. Sprinkle any remaining fruit mixture around apples in dish. Drizzle butter into filling and around apples in dish. Pour sparkling juice and cranberry concentrate into dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon allspice into dish. Bake apples uncovered until tender, occasionally basting with cranberry juice mixture, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
Transfer apples to 4 bowls. Pour juices from dish into medium saucepan and boil until thick enough to coat spoon, about 4 minutes. Spoon sauce over apples.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Baby Eggplant, Olive, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asian Turkey-Noodle Soup With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Andouille Cornbread Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Berry Preserves 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vanilla-Citrus Tea Ring 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiced Sugarplum - Caramelized... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scottish Apple Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Irish Soda Bread With Raisins 0/5 (0 Votes)