Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Graham cracker crust adds just the right amount of crunch to this cold treat. Make sure you have an ice cream maker.
- STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, cut into small pieces
- 2 ounces cream cheese, chopped into small cubes
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crust, crumbed
- GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
- 1/4 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
Adapted from closetcooking.com
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM:
Heat the cream, milk and sugar in a sauce pan until it almost boils, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low.
Add one tablespoon of the cream mixture and whisk to the eggs to temper them. Add the egg mixture to the sauce pan. Cook at low heat until it thickens and can coat the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Chill the mixture in the fridge.
Start freezing according to the instructions for your ice cream machine. About half way through add the strawberries, cream cheese and graham cracker crust crumbs.
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Press the mixture onto the bottom of a baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Let cool completely.
You'll also love
- Lemon Orzo Chicken Soup 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Jan's Pickle Barrel Potato Salad 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Banana Ginger Smoothie 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Blueberry Cottage Cheese Pancakes 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Strawberry syrup 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Herbed Bread & Cherry Cranberry... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Milk-Chocolate Frosted Layer Cake 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Strawberry Margarita Jell-O... 4.4/5 (31 Votes)