Pasta with Squash, Brown Butter and Rosemary
- One 3-pound butternut squash - peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2/3 pound lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
Preheat oven to 400. In a large bowl, toss the squash, onion, olive oil and rosemary; season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta until al dente; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 7 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice.
Add the roasted squash, brown butter and 1/3 cup parmesan to the pasta and toss; season with salt and pepper. Top with the pine nuts and remaining parmesan.