Mango Carrot Cake
25 minutes at 350
Each serving is 506 calories, 19 g fat, 81 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tblsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups refrigerated mango juice blend
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 recipe cream cheese frosting
- 1 recipe carrot ribbons
1. Preheat oven. Grease and flour two round cake pans; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter on high speed for 30 seconds; gradually add sugar. Beat 2 minutes more. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Alternately add flour mixture and 3/4 cups of the mango juice. Beat on low after each addition just until combined. Stir in shredded carrot. Pour into prepared pans.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden and wooden pick comes out clean. Cool on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
5. Place remaining mango juice in a small saucepan and bring to boiling. Boil gently uncovered 3 to 4 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat and cool. Frost one layer of cake with cream cheese frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. frost as desired. Drizzle with reduced juice and top with carrot ribbons.
Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat together one 8 oz. cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter until smooth. Beat in 1 tsp. vanilla and gradually beat in 4 cups powdered sugar.
Carrot Ribbons: Using a vegetable peeler, thinly slice one carrot lengthwise. Place in bowl of ice water for at least 30 minutes. Drain well before topping cake.
You'll also love
- Potato Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Cod with Mustard Caper... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cauliflower Steaks with Sweet... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Fruit Smoothie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp, Cherry Pepper & Arugula... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mango Black Bean Salsa/ Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mahi Mahi with Mango-Vanilla Coulis 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rosemary Crusted Pork Chop with... 0/5 (0 Votes)