Split Pea Soup With Sausage And Potato
- 5 fully-cooked spicy smoked sausage links cut 1/2" cubes (such as andouille or hot links)
- 1 russet potato - (abt 12 oz) peeled, diced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/4 cups green split peas rinsed
- 4 cups low-salt chicken broth
Sauté sausages in heavy large pot over medium-high heat until fat begins to render, about 4 minutes. Add potato, onion, and rosemary. Sauté until onion is soften, about 5 minutes. Mix in split peas, then broth. Bring soup to simmer. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until peas are tender, stirring occasionally, about 50 minutes. If desired, thin soup with water by 1/4 cupfuls. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and serve.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Market Tip: For a less spicy (read: more kid-friendly) sausage, choose Kielbasa or garlic sausages.
You'll also love
- Spicy Stir-Fried Brown Rice With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiced Sugarplum - Caramelized... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiced Kurobuta Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Soft Tacos With Sausage And Feta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rosemary And Mustard Breakfast... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Romaine And Arugula Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cumin-Roasted Potatoes With Caviar... 0/5 (0 Votes)