Cajun Shrimp Boil
- 6 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 large yellow onions
- 1 head garlic, unpeeled and halved crosswise
- 2 lemons halved
- 2 lb red skinned potatoes
- 4 ears corn cut into thirds
- 1 1/2 lb smoked pork or chicken sausages, cut into 1 in slices
- 3 lb large shrimp, unpeeled tails intact
Simmer the potatoes.
Fill a large pot with water and place over high heat. Add the seafood seasoning, onions, garlic, and lemon halves and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes, reduce heat to low and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes.
Cook the shrimp.
Add the corn and sausages to the pot and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the shrimp, cover and let stand until the strimp are opaque, about 4 minutes. Pour the contents of the pot into a colander to drain. Return the shrimp, sausage, and vegetables to the pot, or place in a large serving bowl and serve.