Corn, Tomato and Green Bean Salad
- 4 ears of fresh sweet corn, shucked and silk removed, approximately 3 cups
- 1 lb fresh green beans, stem ends snapped off
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced in very thin rings and then cut in half
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half or even quarters if big
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- See more at: http://purelynourished.blogspot.com/2013/06/corn-tomato-and-green-bean-salad.html#sthash.RKapJwnU.dpuf
Put a large pot of water on to boil. Cook the corn, if desired, about 5- 7 minutes or until tender. Remove corn from water and set aside to cool for cutting.
Place green beans in the pot and cook until tender, approximately 8 minutes. While green beans are cooking prepare a bowl of water with ice. Once green beans are done, submerge in the ice water bath to stop the cooking.
Remove corn kernels from the cob (options shown below) and place in a large bowl. Add the green beans and put the sliced onions in the ice bath while preparing the rest. This crisps up the onions while also mellowing the flavor.
When ready to serve, add all the ingredients to the bowl and toss with the balsamic vinegar.
This salad is really a winner! Enjoy!
- See more at: http://purelynourished.blogspot.com/2013/06/corn-tomato-and-green-bean-salad.html#sthash.u57NwUW8.dpuf
You'll also love
- Outback Steakhouse Sauteed... 3.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Chicken... 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Sausage Corn and Brocoli Chowder 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Beef - Potato - Green Bean... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sous vide Corned Beef and Cabbage 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Fresh Tomato and... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole - Grandma's... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)