Golden Potato Muffins
- * 1/2 lb MountainKing® Butter Gold Potatoes peeled and sliced into 1/8 inch rounds
- * 6 small eggs
- * 3 Tablespoons white wine
- * 3 Tablespoons milk
- * 2 Tablespoon butter
- * 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- * 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- * 1 teaspoon salt
- * 1 teaspoon white pepper
- * fresh spinach
- * 2 slices crisp bacon crumbled
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin pan with vegetable spray.
2. In a non-stick pan melt 1 Tablespoon butter and sautee potatoes 3 minutes or until pliable. Layer each muffin cup with 3 potato slices and then top each with an egg. In a non-stick pan over medium-low heat, melt 1 Tablespoon butter and stir in flour. Add wine stirring constantly, add milk. Remove from heat and add cheese until melted, salt and pepper.
3. Spoon mixture over eggs and bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Carefully remove muffins and serve immediately.
Optional: serve over fresh sautéed spinach and top with crumbled bacon.
Calories: 332 Carbohydrates: 29 g
Fat: 20 g Fiber: 4 g
Cholesterol: 242 mg Protein: 14 g