Shredded Apple Muesli
- To serve:
- 2 granny smith apples, shredded
- 2 cups oats
- 1 or 2 fresh dates, chopped
- 1 cup coconut (we used the large, unsweetened variety)
- cinnamon, to taste
- freshly ground nutmeg, to taste
- 1 cup fresh, seasonal fruit
- 1 handful of chopped nuts
- 1 large container of yogurt
- (coconut and soy yogurt are delicious with this breakfast and make it vegan)
Shred apples in food processor, set aside. Place oats, dates, nuts (we used hazelnuts) and coconut into food processor and pulse about 3 times, until mixture is lightly chopped. Add shredded apples, spices and fresh fruit, pulsing the processor until mixture is roughly chopped. Taste and add a few more dates or a little more spice.
Place about 1/2 cup yogurt in each bowl, stir in about 1/2 cup muesli mixture, top off with a few chopped nuts and fresh fruit.
*Note, this muesli mixture keeps well in the fridge for up to four days, making it a perfect make–ahead breakfast for the work week.