Scottish Apple Pie
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts - (one 15-oz pkg) room temperature
- 1 1/2 pounds Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and cut into 1/3" cubes
- 9 tablespoons sugar divided
- 1/2 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish with 1 pie crust. Mix apples, 8 tablespoons sugar, cookie crumbs, marmalade, raisins, and orange peel in large bowl. Spoon filling into crust-lined dish. Top with remaining crust. Press crust edges together to seal; crimp edge decoratively. Cut 1-inch hole in center.
Blend cream and 1 tablespoon sugar in small bowl; brush over crust. Bake pie until crust is golden and filling bubbles thickly, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Crushed gingersnap cookies, marmalade, and raisins set this pie apart from the American version.