Three Bean Salad
It is the best bean salad I have ever tasted, and I love it because you can experiment with the ingredients and still have a mouth-watering side dish.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 11/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 19mins
Adapted from penzeys.com
Cook the thawed or fresh edamame in boiling water for just 4 minutes. Drain well and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking. Place in a serving bowl and set aside.
Heat the oil in a skillet over low heat. Add cumin and stir until fragrant and a little darker, about 1 minute. To the serving bowl add the beans, peas, onion, celery, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
Drizzle with the cumin oil and gently toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature for at least 10 minutes to blend the flavors. Stir and serve.