Publix's Peppercorn Steak
- 4 boneless NY strip steaks – approximately 1 1/2 pounds
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons browning sauce
- 4 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine Worcestershire sauce
Preheat grill. Using butter knife, coat each side of steak with mustard. Brush both sides of steak with browning sauce; then sprinkle with pepper. Wash hands. Using tongs, place steaks on grill. Place top side of grill over steaks. Cook for 2-3 minutes. (If using regular grill, double cooking time, turning once). In small mixing bowl, combine wine and Worcestershire. Whisk well.
Pour wine mixture over steaks. (For safety reasons, if using gas grill, brush mixture onto steaks using basting brush). Close grill and cook 1-2 minutes, or until desired doneness. Note: Cooking time may need to be adjusted for varying thickness of steaks.
Remove steaks from heat and serve.