- 1 (14.5 oz) package gingerbread mix, divided
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (21 oz) cans apple pie filling
- vanilla ice cream
Cooking time 55mins
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Stir together 2 cups ginerbread mix and 3/4 cup water until smooth.
2. Stir together remaining gingerbread mix and brown sugar; cut in 1/4 cup butter with a pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly. Stir in pecans.
3. Combine apple pie filling and remaining 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
4. Spoon hot apple mixture into a lightly greased 11 x 7 inch baking dish. Spoon gingerbread-water mixture over hot apple mixture; sprinkle with gingerbread-pecan mixture.
5. Bake at 375F for 30-55 minutes or until set. Serve cobbler with vanilla ice cream.