Baked German Potato Salad
- 1 cup diced bacon (about 3 strips)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt (or less)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3-2/3 cup sugar (or less depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 8 cups sliced cooked potatoes
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from food.com
Set oven to 350 degrees F.
Butter a 3-quart baking dish.
Fry bacon; drain drippings from skillet reserving 1/4 cup.
Add celery, onions, salt and flour.
Simmer, stirring constantly.
Add sugar, vinegar, pepper and water.
Bring to a boil.
Toss bacon and potatoes together in the baking dish.
Pour celery mixture over top.
Cover and bake for 30 minutes.