Roasted Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn or dumpling squash, about 1 pound each
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, optional
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons amaretto
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 pound crushed amaretti cookies
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 65mins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Split the squash in half through the equator and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Set the squash halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, if desired. If squash are very large, cut lengthwise into quarters. Bake 30 minutes.
In a bowl, cream the butter with the sugar, and almond liqueur. With a brush or a spoon coat the cut sides of each squash half with the butter mixture and put 2 sage leaves on top of each. Sprinkle with the crushed cookies. Bake until tender, 30 to 35 minutes, basting every 15 minutes with any remaining butter.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (281 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (269 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (192 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)