Kent's BBQ Cornbread
- * 1 tablespoon butter, for greasing the pan, plus 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
- * 3/4 pound left over BBQ pork or beef
- * 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- * 6 eggs
- * 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- * 1 1/2 (15-ounce) cans cream-style corn
- * 1/4 cup drained canned chopped green chile peppers
- * 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (Recommended: combination Monterey Jack and Cheddar)
- * 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- * 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- * 2 tablespoons baking powder
- * Pinch salt
- * 6 tablespoons butter
- * 3 tablespoons your favorite bbq sauce
- * 1 1/2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- * 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 95mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Lightly butter a deep 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
Shred left over BBQ into fine pieces and set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together the butter, milk, and sugar. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, until well incorporated. Add the creamed corn, chiles, cheese, and shredded BBQ and stir until well incorporated.
In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to corn mixture; stir until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until golden brown and until a toothpick inserted into center of the pan comes out clean.
Combine all and melt in microwave. Brush over cornbread and place back in oven for a few minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm. It's ok to break up pieces and serve in a small bowl.