Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 3 lbs red potatoes, cubed (leave skin on)
- 6 garlic closes, separated and peeled
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon trans-fat free margarine
- 1 tblspn butter flavored sprinkles
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tblspns chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 90mins
In a large stockpot, cover the potatoes with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15 mts. Drain the potatoes, and return to the stockpot.
In a small saucepan, cover the garlic with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 10 mts. Drain the garlic.
In a food processor or blender, combine the garlic with milk. Puree until smooth. Add the pureed garlic/milk and margarine to the potatoes. Mashe to desired consistency.
Season with black pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately