quick bread - High Protein Banana Bread or Banana Protein Breakfast Bakes
- 3/4 cup Peanut Flour or protein powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp buckwheat flour or wholewheat/plain flour
- 2 tbsp flaxseed, ground
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 C egg whites or 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed (about 1 1/3C mashed)
- 1/4 cup honey/maple syrup (optional -
Adapted from southerninlaw.com
Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F.
In a bowl, mash bananas and add in egg whites, vanilla and honey (if using).
Mix together your peanut flour/protein powder, flour, flaxseed and baking powder and pour into the banana mixture.
Mix until just combined and pour into your chosen tin.
If baking single serve breakfast bakes: Bake for 20-30 minutes
If baking a loaf/cake: Bake for 30-40 minutes
If baking muffins: Bake for 15-20 minutes
Keep an eye on your cake/bakes/muffins and take them out of the oven as soon as they are cooked through and a skewer inserted removes clean.