Mahi-Mahi With Blood Orange, Avocado, And Red Onion Salsa
- 1 blood orange, Cara Cara orange, or regular orange
- 1/2 cup cubed (1/3") avocado
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced red jalapeño
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 mahi-mahi fillets - (6 oz ea)
Using small sharp knife, cut peel and white pith from orange. Working over small bowl, cut between membranes to release segments. Add avocado, onion, jalapeño, and lime juice to oranges in bowl; stir gently to blend. Season salsa to taste with salt.
Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Add fish to skillet and sauté until brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
Place 1 fillet on each of 2 plates. Spoon salsa atop fish and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
Although they look like regular navel oranges, Cara Cara oranges are tinged pink on the inside and taste a little sweeter. You'll find them at some supermarkets and farmers' markets.
You'll also love
- Linguine With Garlic Shrimp And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine With Clams And Fresh Herbs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lentil Soup With Lamb And Mint 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Leek, Potato, And Tarragon Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb Chops With Minted Meyer Lemon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb Chops With Feta And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cumin-Roasted Potatoes With Caviar... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate-Orange Pots De Creme... 0/5 (0 Votes)