Mushroom, Leek and Egg Tart
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms (about 1/2 lb total)
- Extra virgin olive oil for brushing and drizzling
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts only) sliced
- 1/2 lb puffed pastry, rolled out to 10"sq.
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 4 large eggs
- Coarse sea salt and chopped chives (for serving)
Adapted from gracie-senseandsimplicity.blogspot.ca
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Brush mushroom tops with oil. Place on parchment-lined baking tray, stem side up. Drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter garlic and thyme over top. Bake until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Discard garlic and thyme. Thickly slice.
2. While mushrooms are roasting, heat butter in saute pan over medium heat. Add leeks and splash of water. Cover. Cook, stirring until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Discard any liquid in pan. Season. Spread out on plate to cool.
3. Place pastry on parchment-lined baking tray. Lightly score 1/2" border with knife. Prick rest of pastry with fork. Spread leeks over pastry, leaving 4 wells for eggs. Top leeks with mushrooms. Brush boder with egg yolk.
4. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Crack 1 egg into each well. Bake until egg whites are set but yolks are still runny 10 minutes. Sprinkly eggs with coarse salt and chives. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Gelatin Dessert 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Grill Roasted Turkey 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Peach Glazed Chops 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Grilled Flank Steak with Black... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Zucchini Mushroom Parmesan 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Goat Cheese, Leek, and Potato... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheddar and Leek Spoonbread 4.3/5 (10 Votes)