Linguine With Garlic Shrimp And Basil
- 12 ounces linguine
- 6 tablespoons butter - (3/4 stick)
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 6 green onions chopped
- 6 garlic cloves coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons finely-grated lemon peel
- 2 bottles clam juice - (8 oz ea)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
Cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite; drain.
Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté shrimp until almost opaque in center, about 2 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to medium bowl. Add onions and garlic to same skillet; sauté 1 minute. Add wine and lemon peel. Boil until reduced to glaze, about 2 minutes. Add clam juice and cream; boil until sauce thickens, about 8 minutes. Return shrimp and juices to skillet. Add pasta; toss to coat. Mix in basil. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Linguine With Clams And Fresh Herbs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lentil Soup With Lamb And Mint 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Leek, Potato, And Tarragon Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Egg Sandwiches With Pancetta... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cumin-Roasted Potatoes With Caviar... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cold Sesame Noodles 66 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Springtime Bow Ties With Ham And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp With Lemon, Tarragon, Green... 0/5 (0 Votes)