Linguine With Clams And Fresh Herbs
- 8 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 cans chopped clams in juice - (6 1/2 oz ea)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 18 small clams scrubbed (such as Manila or tiny littleneck)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta.
Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add canned clams with juice, basil, tarragon, and parsley. Add fresh clams. Cover; reduce heat to medium and cook until clams open, about 6 minutes. Using tongs, transfer fresh clams to plate (discard any clams that do not open).
Add cooked pasta and cream to sauce in skillet. Toss over medium-high heat until sauce coats pasta, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide pasta between bowls. Top with fresh clams and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
Test-Kitchen Tip: The size of clams can vary, so larger ones may take a minute or two longer to cook.
You'll also love
- Lentil Soup With Lamb And Mint 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Leek, Potato, And Tarragon Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cumin-Roasted Potatoes With Caviar... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cold Sesame Noodles 66 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Castellane Pasta With Sausage,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Brown Sugar-Chipotle Salmon With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Springtime Bow Ties With Ham And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp With Lemon, Tarragon, Green... 0/5 (0 Votes)