- * 2 cups instant pancake mix
- * 2 cups milk
- * 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- * 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded colby-Jack cheese blend
- * 1 cup refrigerated shredded hash browns
- * 4 green onions, finely chopped
- * 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- * Quick Cream Gravy (optional)
1. Whisk together pancake mix and milk in a large bowl, whisking just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients, stirring just until blended.
2. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each cake onto a hot (350°), lightly greased griddle or large nonstick skillet. Cook pancakes 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked; turn and cook other side 5 to 6 minutes or until done. Serve with Quick Cream Gravy, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Aunt Jemima Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix and Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns.
Chicken-and-Rice Cakes: Substitute shredded Italian six-cheese blend for colby-Jack cheese blend and 1 cup cooked rice for hash browns. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Quick Cream Gravy: Bring 1/4 cup dry white wine to a boil over medium heat in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 1 minute. Add 1 cup water; whisk in 1 (1.2-oz.) package roasted chicken gravy mix and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Increase heat to medium, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 3 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in 2 Tbsp. heavy cream. Makes 1 1/4 cups. Prep: 5 min., Cook: 5 min.