Lamb Chops With Minted Meyer Lemon Compote
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (packed)
- 2 Meyer lemons
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 8 lamb 3/4"-thick rib or loin chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Combine wine, sugar, and mint in heavy small saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; let stand 30 minutes. Strain syrup into medium saucepan; discard mint.
Using vegetable peeler, remove peel from lemons in strips. Place strips in mini processor. Cut away all white pith from lemons and discard. Working on plate to catch juice, quarter lemons; remove seeds. Add lemons and juice to mini processor; using on/off turns, chop coarsely. Add lemon mixture to mint syrup. Boil until mixture is reduced to 2/3 cup, about 10 minutes. Stir in salt. Cool.
Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in each of 2 large skillets over medium-high heat. Add lamb; cook to desired doneness, about 2 1/2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve lamb with compote.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Lamb Chops With Feta And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Irish Soda Bread With Raisins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate-Orange Pots De Creme... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Green Olives, Orange,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Castellane Pasta With Sausage,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tunisian Fish Cakes With Lemon And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Racks Of Lamb With New... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb Chops With Artichokes And... 0/5 (0 Votes)