An incredibly easy recipe with no mixing involved. Canned fruits are dumped into a baking pan, topped with cake mix, butter, and nuts, then baked. The result is something in between a cake and a cobbler, and amazingly delicious.
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1 18.25 oz box yellow cake mix
- 2 sticks of butter or margarine, each cut into 12 slices
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (your choice - optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 for glass baking dish). Have a 9 by 13-inch baking pan ready.
Dump undrained pineapple baking dish or pan and spread it out evenly.
Using a spoon, dump globs of cherry pie filling evenly on top of the pineapple.
Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the cherry and pineapple layers.
Cut butter into slices with a butter knife and place slices evenly over cake mix.
Sprinkle nuts on top if you're using them.
Bake for one hour. Use heavy oven mitts to remove the dump cake from oven.
To serve, scoop cake out with a large spoon like a cobbler, and dump it on a nice plate. A scoop of vanilla ice cream is delicious with dump cake. Serve warm or cold.
You'll also love
- Black forest cake (Dump Cake) 4.6/5 (5 Votes)