Smoked Salmon with Cream Cheese Dip
Special enough for Christmas but too wonderful to have just once a year. Cream cheese and sour cream create a rich base for smoked salmon, capers and more.
- Tip recipe: Instead of topping each toast with slices of expensive smoked salmon, treat your guest to this flavour spread.
- Prepare the salmon spread up to 1 day ahead (the flavor will have a chance to blend fully) cover and refrigerate.
- 1 cream cheese softened (Philadelphia)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz. smoked salmon chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp capers drained and chopped
- 2 bagels or other french bread in slices
- 1/2 red onion thiny sliced
- 1/2 english cucumber (seedless) thiny sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 100mins
Prepare smoked salmon spread: In large bowl stir cream cheese until light and fluffy.Fold in salmon, sour cream, dill, capers, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
From lemon grated 1 teaspoon of peel and squeeze 1 teaspoon juice stir juice and peel into mixture in bowl.
Transfer to serving bowl.
Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour .
Preheat the oven at 180°c , Cut french bread sin slices Place in a large cookie sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes. or until golden and crisp.
Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Serve toasts with spread and onion and cucumber for topping.