Banana Cream Pie
This is an amazing recipe! The filling is absolutely decadent!
- 9 inch baked pie crust
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 4 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 c. whole milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups homemade whipped cream
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
Whisk egg yolks and milk together until thoroughly mixed.
Add mixture to saucepan gradually while stirring gently.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens to the consistency of pudding.
Remove from the stove and add butter and vanilla.
Stir until the butter has melted and the consistency is smooth.
Slice bananas into the baked pie shell.
Add the pudding mixture to the pie shell.
Refrigerate to chill.
Add whipped cream prior to serving.
You'll also love
- Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes 4.4/5 (99 Votes)
- Roasted lentil beans 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Crock Pot Corned Beef & Cabbage 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Pasta Envelopes with Cream... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Caramel-Walnut Upside-down Banana... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Banana Cream Pie with Vanilla... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Banana Cream Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)