Bill's Surprise Potatoes
- 1 Full size aluminum serving pan
- 10 pounds whole potatoes
- 1 family size (27 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 family size (27 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1-1/2 cups ranch dressing (can use 2 cups sour cream)
- 1/2 cup Texas BBQ rub (or your own favorite dry rub)
- 1/4 cup Paprika
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup garlic powder (or to your own liking)
- Alt. ingredient-your choice of chopped meat (sausage, brisket, pork butt)
Cut all potoatoes in half
In a large pot, boil potatoes for 30-45 minutes or until soft. Drain and pour into the pan.
While potatoes are hot mash with into pieces. Add soup, ranch or sour cream, dry rub, and garlic then mix.
Add about 1/2 the cheese and mix.
Spread out in the pan then cover with cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
Cover with aluminum foil and heat @ 225 for 1-1/2 hours (until cheese is melted). You can also place on BBQ pit or grill and finish the cook.