Fig Balsamic-Glazed Duck With Pearl Onion And Pear Hash
- 4 duck breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ripe pears halved, cored, and cut into 1/4" slices
- 1 bag pearl onions - (10 oz) blanched, peeled, and halved
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes - (abt 1 1/2 lbs) boiled until just
- ten der, peeled, cut into 1 1/4" pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 3/4 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fig balsamic vinegar
Using small sharp knife, score duck skin in 1-inch-wide grid pattern. Season duck generously with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add duck; cook about 6 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to cutting board; tent with foil.
Discard all but 1/4 cup drippings from skillet. Heat drippings in skillet over high heat. Add pears, onions, and potatoes; sauté until beginning to brown, 5 minutes. Stir in sage; season with salt and pepper. Transfer hash to bowl; cover to keep warm.
Heat same skillet over high heat. Add broth and vinegar; bring to boil, scraping up browned bits. Boil until reduced to glaze, about 5 minutes. Season glaze with salt and pepper.
Divide hash among plates. Cut duck into 1/2-inch-thick slices; fan over hash. Drizzle glaze over and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Dried Cherry And Ginger Cannoli 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sauteed Baby Zucchini With Squash... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Spicy Grilled Chicken With Creamy... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lipton Fast "n Easy Chili 3.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Sirloin Tip Roast with Gravy 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- French Onion Soup Grilled Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Venison Loin with Sweet Potato,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Marsala 0/5 (0 Votes)