Feta, Garbanzo Bean, And Eggplant Pita Sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Japanese eggplants unpeeled, and cut into 3/4" cubes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 can garbanzo beans - (15 1/2 oz) drained (1/2 cup bean juices reserved)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint divided
- 5 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese divided
- 3 pita bread rounds warmed or toasted
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant cubes and onions; sauté until soft and beginning to brown, about 9 minutes.
Stir in garbanzo beans, cumin, and lemon juice. Sauté until heated through and flavors blend, adding enough garbanzo bean liquid by tablespoonfuls to moisten if mixture is dry, about 4 minutes.
Stir in 3 tablespoons mint and 3 tablespoons feta cheese. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Cut pita breads crosswise in half. Spoon eggplant mixture into pita breads. Sprinkle filling with remaining mint and feta and serve.
This recipe yields 6 halves.
You'll also love
- Chicken And Mushroom Pie With... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Beef Tenderloin With... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Rhubarb Chutney 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Huevos Rancheros, Chipotle Black... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Green Beans, Peas, And Turnips In... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Eggplant Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Eggplant Lasagna 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Beef Stew 4.8/5 (5 Votes)