Cumin-Roasted Potatoes With Caviar And Smoked Salmon
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup crème fraäche or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill - (packed)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro - (packed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely-crushed cumin seeds
- 12 small fingerling potatoes - (abt 14 oz) halved lengthwise
- 3 ounces thinly-sliced smoked salmon cut 1/2" by 2 1/2"
- 1 ounce caviar
- Fresh small dill sprigs
Using vegetable peeler, remove peel (yellow part only) from lemons. Simmer peel, 1/2 cup water, and 4 teaspoons kosher salt in heavy small saucepan over medium-high heat until salt dissolves. Reduce heat to low and simmer until liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons and peel is tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Transfer peel with liquid to jar. Add lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil. Refrigerate at least 1 day and up to 1 week.
Drain peel; mince. Stir crème fraäche, minced dill, cilantro, and 1 tablespoon minced peel in small bowl. Cover and chill at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
Set rack at lowest position in oven and preheat to 450 degrees. Brush nonstick baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and cumin in large bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange potatoes, cut-side down, on baking sheet and roast until tender and cut sides are brown, about 12 minutes. Cool slightly.
Arrange potato halves, cut-side up, on platter. Top each with 1 teaspoon crème fraäche, 1 salmon strip, and 1/2 teaspoon caviar. Garnish with dill sprigs.
This recipe yields 24 potato halves.
Market Tip: Our choice to top the potatoes is American caviar still indulgent but not endangered. Order it from petrossian.com or tsarnicoulai.com.
You'll also love
- Cold Sesame Noodles 66 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut-Chocolate Marjolaine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Green Olives, Orange,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Brown Sugar-Chipotle Salmon With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Cod With Roasted... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple, Potato, And Onion Gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon-Wasabi Tea Sandwiches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Pasta Verde 0/5 (0 Votes)