Crushed Heirloom Potatoes
- 2 pounds unpeeled whole heirloom potatoes
- 3 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese or La Fourme d'Ambert blue cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups baby arugula - (packed)
Place potatoes in large pot. Pour enough cold water over to cover; salt generously. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are just tender, 20 to 40 minutes (depending on variety). Drain.
Return potatoes to pot. Using large wooden spoon, coarsely crush potatoes in pot. Add cheese, nuts, and oil. Stir in arugula and toss to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl and serve.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.