Roasted Beet Salad
- 6 medium beets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 5 ounces crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
Peel and trim beets; cut in half from stem to root. Place beets on foil-lined jellyroll pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss until well mixed. Arrange beets in single layer. Roast in 375F oven stirring occasionally until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
In small bowl, stir together sour cream, vinegar, garlic, and sugar. In large serving bowl, combine greens and onion; toss until well mixed. Divide greens among 6 to 8 individual serving plates. Drizzle dressing over greens. Top with beets, pecans, cheese and pepper.