Lasagna - Lactose Free
This is a great lasagna for the person that is Lactose Intolerant. It is made with Lactaid Cottage Cheese, Veggie mozzarella cheese and Veggie Parmesan Cheese.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons salad oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 lb) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I use real clove garlic, minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 4 ounces lasagna noodles
- 2 cups Lactaid Cottage Cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Veggie mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Veggie Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 110mins
Adapted from food.com
In large heavy pan lightly brown beef and onion in oil.
Add tomatoes, paste, water, parsley, salt, sugar, garlic, pepper, and oregano; simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile cook lasagne as directed; drain.
In 13x9x2" baking pan, spread about 1 cup sauce.
Then alternate layers of lasagne, sauce, Lactaid cottage cheese, Veggie mozzarella and Veggie Parmesan cheese, ending with sauce, Lactaid cottage cheese and Veggie Parmesan.
Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes until lightly browned and bubbling.
Allow to stand for 15 minutes; cut in squares to serve.