Extreme Caramel Apple Crisp
- 2 (16-ounce) bags frozen sliced apples
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 20 caramel candies, unwrapped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preparation time 25mins
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine apples, 1/2 cup sugar, the cornstarch, cinnamon, and caramels; mix well then pour into baking dish.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, the salt, butter, and cream; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and top is golden.
In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Drizzle over crumb topping and let cool slightly.
Place melted chocolate in a plastic zipper bag, cut off corner, and squeeze to drizzle.
You can use 2 (20-ounce) cans sliced apples, drained, instead of frozen sliced apples, if you prefer. But if you do buy frozen apples, depending on the brand, the package size will vary, which is not a problem.