Apple Soup With Yogurt
The apples raise this soup from very good to supereb. ... to taste.
- 2 medium green apples
- 2 medium red apples
- 500 gms yogurt
- 2 inch stick cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, coarsely powdered
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, coarsely powdered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 50 gms butter
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1.Chop green & red apples. Heat extra virgin olive oil in a non stick pan on a high heat.
2. Add cinnamon, sauté for 1 minute, also add onion & sauté for a minute.
3. Add ginger, garlic, sauté till fragrant. Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, butter & sauté.
4. Keep aside a little chopped green apple for garnishing & add the rest along with red apple to pan & mix on high heat.
5. Add vegetable stock, mix well. Cover & cook for 5-7 minutes on a low heat.
6. Pour the soup into a bowl, discard cinnamon sticks.
7. When it cools slightly, blend it with a hand blender. Pour it back into the pan & cook on low heat till it comes to a boil.
8. Add yogurt, salt, crushed black peppercorns & mix well.
9. Put soup in a bowl, garnish it with reserved green apples & serve hot.