- 1/2 red bell pepper,deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1/2 medium red or yellow onion,cut into chunks
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 15oz can chickpeas,drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2-2 cups gluten-free bread crumbs
- extra virgin olive oil used for browning
Puree pepper,onion,spinach and cilantro in food processor until liquid. Scrape into medium sized bowl
Puree brown rice and chickpeas into paste in food processor,then add to veggie mixture.
Add chili powder,tomato paste and salt. Stir together(best done with your hands) until ingredients are well combined.
Add bread crumbs,and combine until mixture sticks together. If mixture feels too wet,add more bread crumbs.
Form mixture into patties,and cook in skillet with olive oil over medium heat,until browned on both sides. Serve on whole grain rolls with chipotle mayo ,pickles,ketchup,avocado or other condiments.
150 cal,6g pro.5g total fat(1 gram sat. fat),20 gram carb,520mgsod.4 gram fiber
1/4 cup grapeseed vegenaise
1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
1/2 tsp agave nectar
Stir ingred.together in a small bowl