Spicy Pasta Salad with Smoked Gouda, Tomatoes and Basil
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces mostaccioli or penne pasta
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup white vinegar, plus more if needed
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons adobo sauce from a can of chipotles (or 1 minced chipotle)
- 1 10-ounce package grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 pound smoked gouda cheese, cut into small cubes
- 24 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs. Drain and rinse under cold water until no longer hot; set aside.
Make the dressing: Mix the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper to taste and the adobo sauce in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, combine the pasta, dressing, tomatoes and gouda. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if needed, and even an extra teaspoon or 2 of vinegar, if necessary. Stir in the basil at the end. Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
Photograph by Kana Okada
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/spicy-pasta-salad-with-smoked-gouda-tomatoes-and-basil-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback