Braised Bacon, Pomegranate, And Pine Nut Relish
- 8 whole green cardamom pods
- 1 pound slab bacon cut 1/2" cubes
- 2 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1/3 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
Stir cardamom in small skillet over medium heat until pods are lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Cool slightly. Crack pods; remove seeds. Crush seeds in mortar with pestle or in spice mill; reserve.
Bring medium saucepan of water to boil. Add bacon and cook 30 seconds. Drain. Combine bacon and broth in same saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently until almost all liquid is absorbed, about 35 minutes. Wipe away any grease from pan. Add pomegranate molasses, then pine nuts, pomegranate seeds, and crushed cardamom seeds to pan. Bring to simmer; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Season with pepper.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Blackberry-Raspberry Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Pearl Layer Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Cutlets With Sauteed Baby... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Piccata With Tarragon Cream 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Fried Eggs, Caramelized... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crisp Cheese-Filled Eggplant... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Arugula Salad With, Oranges,... 0/5 (0 Votes)