Apple, Green Onion, And Jalapeño Salsa
- 1 1/2 pounds Fuji apples - (abt 3 large) peeled, halved, and cored
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeño chiles
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons finely-grated lemon peel - (packed)
Coarsely grate apples into strainer set over large bowl. Press and turn apples to drain off excess juices. Transfer apples to medium bowl; stir in green onions and chiles.
Whisk lemon juice, honey, and lemon peel in small bowl to blend; mix into apples. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)
This recipe yields about 3 cups.