Zucchini And Spinach Soup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini trimmed, and cut into 1/2"-thk rounds
- 1 russet potato - (abt 12 oz) peeled, sliced thin
- 4 cups low-salt chicken broth or more if needed
- 1 bag baby spinach leaves - (6 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely-chopped cilantro
Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onions; sauté until soft, about 8 minutes. Add zucchini and potato; stir to coat. Add 4 cups broth and bring soup to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until potato is soft, about 15 minutes.
Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth, adding some spinach and cilantro to each batch. Return puree to same pot. Thin with more broth by 1/4 cupfuls, if desired. Season soup with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill until cold, then cover and keep refrigerated. Rewarm soup before serving.)
This recipe yields 8 servings.
What to drink: Hagafen 2002 Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley (kosher) or Brancott Vineyards 2002 Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand.
You'll also love
- Wine-Braised Ham With Shallots And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Watercress, Radish, Endive Salad,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mediterranean Salad With Chickpeas... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spaghetti With Mushrooms,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiced Pumpkin Cake With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini With Garlic And Dried... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Javanese Roasted Salmon And Wilted... 0/5 (0 Votes)