- 6 cups sliced fresh strawberries (about 1-1/2 lb.)
- 4 cups sliced fresh rhubarb or frozen unsweetened sliced rhubarb (about 1 lb.)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed shortbread cookies (about 12 cookies)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Whipped cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl combine strawberries, rhubarb, granulated sugar, quick-cooking tapioca, and salt. (If using frozen fruit, let mixture stand for 40 minutes or until fruit is partially thawed but still icy.) Place the fruit mixture in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
3. For topping, in a small bowl combine crushed shortbread cookies, flour, and brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
4. Cover fruit mixture and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle wit topper. Bake 6 to 8 minutes more. Serve warm with whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Shrimp, Spinach & Feta Orzo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple-Cheddar Grilled Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Cool Whip Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White bean burgers with creamy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Biskit Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Strawberry Shortcake with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rhubarb Dump Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)