Walnut, Golden Raisin, And Fennel Seed Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter cut 1/2" cubes
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 large egg beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water for glaze
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter large baking sheet. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl to blend. Add butter. Using fingertips, blend mixture until coarse meal forms.
Whisk egg yolks and buttermilk in small bowl to blend. Slowly stir egg mixture into flour mixture. Gently stir in raisins, walnuts, and fennel seeds.
Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface and knead gently just until smooth, about 4 turns. Divide dough in half; pat each half into 6-inch round. Cut each round into 6 wedges.
Transfer scones to prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg glaze. Bake until scones are light brown, about 17 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 12 scones.
You'll also love
- Veal Cutlets With Sauteed Baby... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Piccata With Tarragon Cream 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tunisian Fish Cakes With Lemon And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tropical Carrot Cake With Coconut... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bresaola With Arugula, Fennel, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Short Ribs With Garbanzo... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Irish Soda Bread With Raisins And... 0/5 (0 Votes)