Low-Fat 20-Minute Chicken Enchiladas
by Cooking Light
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted tomato sauce
- 3 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (about 15 ounces)
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 3 ounces preshredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Combine first 9 ingredients in a medium saucepan; stir with a whisk. Bring to a boil over high heat; cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Reserve 1 1/2 cups sauce mixture. Add chicken and beans to pan; cook 2 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly heated.
3. Stack tortillas; wrap stack in damp paper towels and microwave at HIGH for 25 seconds. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla; roll up. Arrange tortillas, seam sides down, in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with reserved sauce and cheese. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and sauce is bubbly. Top with tomato and cilantro. Serve with sour cream.