Veal Cutlets With Sauteed Baby Artichokes
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 12 baby artichokes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 6 large ripe plum tomatoes each cut 6 wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 6 veal cutlets abt 1/4" to 1/3" thk - (4 oz ea)
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Fill large bowl with cold water; add lemon juice. Cut off stem and top quarter from 1 artichoke. Bend back dark green outer leaves and snap off at base until pale green and yellow leaves remain. Quarter artichoke lengthwise; remove any purple-tipped leaves from center. Place in lemon water. Repeat with remaining artichokes.
Cook drained artichokes in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add artichokes and sauté 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and crushed red pepper. Cook until tomatoes soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in basil and lemon peel. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature. Rewarm before using.)
Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Working in batches, add veal and cook until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer veal to plates. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with artichoke mixture.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Turkey Piccata With Tarragon Cream 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tunisian Fish Cakes With Lemon And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tropical Carrot Cake With Coconut... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tagliatelle With Shredded Beets,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallops And Haricots Verts With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ricotta- And Walnut-Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb Chops With Artichokes And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Duck Breasts With Farro... 0/5 (0 Votes)