Fresh Pickled Cucumber Salad
Make the best Fresh Cucumber Salad with this simple recipe. Make a small batch for a gathering, or make a large amount and save it for two months!
- 7 cups unpeeled pickling cucumbers, sliced thin (about 7 large dills)
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- 1 cup bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Mix cucumbers, onions, peppers and salt; set a side.
Put vinegar, sugar, celery seed and mustard seed in a pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool for one hour. Pour mixture over cucumbers.
Put in jars and store in refrigerator. It will keep up to 2 months.
Makes 2 quart jars.
You'll also love
- Chili's Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie 3.8/5 (121 Votes)
- Stuffed Bell Peppers 4.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork 4.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding 4.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Zesty Quinoa Salad 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Fried Ravioli 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Shrimp Salad on Cucumber Slices 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamy Pea Salad with Bacon 4.6/5 (5 Votes)