Orrecchiette with Creamy Chipotle & Corn
- 1 pound(s) orecchiette
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) whole milk
- 4 ounce(s) lowfat cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan (1 oz)
- 1 teaspoon(s) chopped chipotles in adobo, plus 1 tsp adobo sauce
- Pinch freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup(s) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh cilantro
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid, drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until very tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Whisk in the milk and bring to a simmer. Whisk in the cream cheese, Parmesan, chipotles and adobo sauce, and nutmeg. Stir in the corn and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the corn is heated through and the mixture has slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
Toss the pasta with the sauce, adding some of the reserved cooking liquid if the pasta seems dry. Fold in the cilantro.