Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot
Assemble this crock pot chicken in the morning, then forget about it until dinner time. Go out for the day, or stay at home to enjoy the tempting aroma.
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (red) pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 large chicken
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 490mins
Adapted from 100daysofrealfood.com
Combine paprika, salt, onion powder, thyme, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and black pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
Loosely chop the onion and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Remove any giblets from the chicken and then rub the spice mixture all over. You can even put some of the spices inside the cavity and under the skin covering the breasts.
Put prepared chicken on top of the onions in the slow cooker, cover it, and turn it on to low. There is no need to add any liquid. Cook for 8 - 9 hours on low (for a 3 or 4 pound chicken) or until the chicken is falling off the bone.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Fried Cinnamon Sugar Bananas 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- Flat Belly - Chicken Pad Thai 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Hot Onion & Cheese Soufflé Dip 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Osso Bucco with Risotto Milanese 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Parmesan Chicken Tenders with... 5/5 (6 Votes)
- Easy Pressure Cooker Pot Roast 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- hearty beef and pasta soup 4.4/5 (7 Votes)