Peanut Butter-Bacon Bars
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 bacon slices, crisply cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F.
Coat an 8- x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy.
Beat in peanut butter, egg, and vanilla.
Add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
Stir in 1/2 cup bacon and 1/3 cup peanuts.
Spread into prepared baking dish.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Return to oven and bake 1 additional minute.
Immediately spread melted chocolate over top.
Sprinkle with reserved bacon and peanuts.
Let cool completely, then cut into squares.